Buju Banton – Long Walk To Freedom
On March 16, 2019 Buju Banton will return to the stage. His first concert takes place in Kingston, Jamaica at the National Stadium. The tickets went on sale January 17th on CARIBTIX.com and are no longer available: “ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED… PLEASE NOTE THAT LIMITED TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT SELECT DIGICEL STORES IN JAMAICA!“
Several other shows across the caribbean are confirmed now and also famous SummerJam Festival in Germany confirmed Buju Banton performance. See below a list of all confirmed shows, which will be updated when new dates are added:
MARCH 16 – KINGSTON, JAMAICA @ NATIONAL STADIUM
with Chronixx, Cocoa Tea, Etana, Ghost, Romain Virgo, L.U.S.T, Agent Sasco, Delly Ranx & Jahaziel Myrie
Online Ticket Sales are closed! Limited tickets @ Digicel Stores in Jamaica!
“In light of the adversity I have encountered, I feel the need to stress that my only desire going forward is peace and love. I look forward to the opportunity to say a personal thanks to my fans and everyone who supported me”
ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Buju Banton came into the game like a champion. His voice was a lionesque roar that instantly electrified listeners
- Buju cut his first record “The Ruler” at the age of 14 for producer Robert French. A few years later he recorded his breakout hit “Stamina Daddy” for Winston Riley’s Techniques label.By the age of 19 the prolific recording artist had broken a Jamaican record for the most #1 singles in one year—a mark set by none other than Bob Marley, the King of Reggae.
- He toured the world, spreading consciousness-raising music to the four corners of the earth.
- He has used his music to serve as a voice for the voiceless, and he recently established the Lend a Hand Foundation to make a difference in the lives of at-risk children, both in Jamaica and all around the world.
- In years to come, Buju Banton would elevate his stature within the world music community, collaborating with American rap stars like Fat Joe as well as the rock band Rancid, not to mention his close working relationship with the Marley family